Barefoot… This is how guests at Veranda Pointe aux Biches Hotel Mauritius spend their holidays. Upon arrival, they are invited to take their shoes off as sand is everywhere in the hotel. The tone is set : complete informality and relaxation is the only rule !
The hotel has 115 rooms in 3 categories : 41 Comfort rooms, 44 Family rooms with interconnected children rooms and 30 Privilege rooms (adults only wing).
- The "Comfort" rooms open up onto the swimming pool or the garden. The interior space is furnished in royal blue shades accented by white spaces, combining lightness with a tropical atmosphere. Specifications : 33m2, 1 king-size bed / twin beds. Features : Air conditioning, electronic safe, direct telephone, satellite television, hairdryer, minibar, Internet (at extra cost), tea & coffee facilities (at a nominal price).
- The "Superior" rooms freshly redesigned and decorated in royal blue shades and light wooden elements feature a terrace or balcony overlooking the lagoon or garden. The superior rooms offer a real comfort and all the necessary equipment to relax. Specifications : 2 adults + 1 infant (0-23 months), 43m2, 1 king-size bed, 1 baby cot. Features : rooms with balcony or terrace, free Wi-Fi, air conditioning and ceiling fan, telephone and IDD access, flat screen television (satellite channels), minibar, electronic safe, tea and coffee facilities, hairdryer, bathroom with shower and separate toilets.
- The "Family" Rooms can accommodate a couple with two or three children. The annex gives additional space that will delight your children and give parents privacy and peace of mind. Specifications : 43m2, 1 king-size bed + bunk beds. Features : air conditioning, electronic safe, direct telephone, satellite television, hairdryer, minibar, Internet (at extra cost), tea & coffee facilities (at a nominal price).
- The "Privilege" Rooms are in the Sandy Lane Village, a wing of the hotel exclusively reserved for couples, with its own swimming pool in an elegant setting. The room opens up onto an intimate terrace or balcony. Specifications : 33m2, 1 lit king. Features : air-conditioning, electronic safe, direct telephone, flat screen television, satellite channels, bathroom amenities, DVD player/library available for free at the reception, minibar, tea & coffee facilities (at a nominal price), Internet (at extra cost).
RESTAURANTS & BARS
- Senses Restaurant, thematic restaurant : the main restaurant offers a wonderful view of the bay and coral reef, welcoming guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The buffet style meals consist consist of local specialities' as feel as international dishes to satisfy everyone's palate and preferences, including vegetarians.
- Sandy Lane, chic & exclusive : with your feet in the sand, enjoy delicious food in an elegant and trendy decor. At its centre is a beautiful swimming pool - all yours for the taking. The Sandy Lane restaurant is on the sand, open to the sea in the day and the stars at night.
- Foot Loose Bar, the soul of the party : curl up on a sofa or on the deck of the pool overlooking the lagoon, sipping a local cocktail. As night falls, the atmosphere warms up with its music and shows. Don't miss your first lesson in Kreol for a fun way to get into the Mauritian way of life.
- Sandy Lane Bar, a call to relaxation : between the beach and the pool, this bar has a soothing effect, thanks to the distant roar of waves on the coral reef. You will love the shady atmosphere and breath-taking view by day. You will not want to miss the sunset with a cocktail in your hand !
ACTIVITIES & WELLNESS
The Seven Colours Wellness Lounge equates a wellbeing experience with a personal approach to realign your energy. Situated on the beach, it allows you to unwind a view of ocean. Inspired by the philosophy of chakras, our energy points, and the concept of Seven Colours hinges on the interaction and balancing of your energies. The treatments on offer all have an exclusive touch.
- 3 massage rooms including 1 kiosk looking onto the beach and a resting area
- Manicure and pedicure area
Sports & Leisure free of charge :
- 2 swimming pools (main pool with kids area and reserved pool for adults)
- Aqua Zumba
- Pedal boats
- Stand up paddle
- Beach volley
- Table tennis
- Mini gym
- Free shopping shuttle to Grand Baie, 3 times a week
Sports & Leisure at extra cost or nearby
- Bicycle rental
- Pool table
- Electronic games
- Scuba diving (PADI)
- Deep sea fishing
- Submarine and sub-scooter
- Golf at the Heritage Golf Club course in the south of the island
Kids Club Timomo & Friends lets your children enjoy their holiday to the full thanks to a daily program of indoor and outdoor activities, under the supervision of competent and welcoming staff. The club welcomes children between 3 and 11 years old.